Monday, December 29, 2014

Questions with V.V Mei!


Name:Mei Yamaguchi
Age: 31
Height: 5"1 (152cm)
Weight: 105lb (48kg)
Record: 12-7
Notable Wins: Emi Tomimatsu, Saori Ishioka, Emi Fujino, Yuka Tsuji, Mika Nagano

CJ: You’ve had a busy 2014. You fought Gina Iniong, fought in the Girl’s S-Cup, fought Yukiko Seki, and you started a new gym (I think). Can you talk about your year, the fights you’ve had, and about the new gym?

Mei: I fought in Philippine in March, PXC, which made me realize that I need more skill and physical in order to win against foreign fighter, I only need submission or KO. 

I've started a new gym,only kids karate class dojo, but my life haven't change at all. 
I'm training as hard as I can for each fight, always looking for progress with my great teammates.



CJ:  Your fight with Ayaka will be one of the biggest fights of your career. Can you talk about what the fight means to you? How do you think the fight will go? How are you preparing?

Mei: Many people says it's the biggest fight in my career so far. I think it's an important match but I always consider all of my fight is important in my life so I prepared as same as other fights. Both of us think it'll end in either submission or KO so it's gonna be either one.


CJ:  Your fight with Megumi Fujii was an amazing fight. Does fighting Fujii help you prepare for Hamasaki?

Mei: Yes, their base is Judo, same coach and similar habit. But it's same thing for them, they can prepare well enough to fight against me.  We both are well prepared, so I only can rely on my fighting spirit.

Courtesy of Lady Go!

CJ: You are also a karate instructor. Can you talk about your karate background, and how it influences your style?

Mei: I started traditional style karate in Gensiryu Butokukai since elementary school. I'm instructor at same school now. 
I learn a lot from Lyoto Machida for my mma fighting style. 
Since I'm fighting in shootboxing, it gives me hint to mix several technique to create my mma style.


CJ: You’ve fought several times at 105 now. Can you talk about any differences you are noticing? How is the cut?

Mei: There is big difference in power. I was able to fight in 115 for long time but 105 is much better to move around in the cage and control the opponent. 
Weight cut is bit hard but I'm getting used to it. 

CJ: The 105 division is a very interesting division. There seems to be talent all over the world. Can you  talk about who you would like to fight next? With a win over Ayaka, would you like to fight for Invicta? What would a win over Ayaka mean for you?

Mei: There's a lot of great fighter in 105. But before I talk about who I want to fight and where, I just need to win against Hamasaki now. I'll talk about 105 after I win. 

CJ: You have headlined cards, been a part of the first female pancrase main event, taken part in numerous S-Cups. What part of your career stands out the most to you?

Mei: S-cup gave me confidence to my stand fights.

Courtesy of Lady Go!

CJ: Are you still looking to fight in the U.S?

Mei:Yes I'm always.  But as I said, I need to win this time in order to fight outside Japan. 

CJ:  There are a lot of 105lbers in Japan, and no champion, how do you see the future of the division?

Mei:I will be the Champion!
And I hope there's  more young stars appear. 

CJ: Is there anything you would like to say? Anyone you would like to thank?

Mei: I thank all of my fans and teammates, family and sponsors. 
I hope there's some way to see Deep Dream Impact 2014 from foreign country. All of the fight is gonna be exciting, especially women's!!


This interview was conducted in English


No comments:

Post a Comment